Thursday, April 06, 2017

Combing for Clues

Combing for Clues. (Hamster Holmes) Albin Sadar. Illustrated by Valerio Fabbretti. 2015. 32 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Hamster Holmes and his firefly friend, Dr. Watt, liked solving mysteries.

Premise/plot: A porcupine has lost his comb--his heirloom comb! He shares the details with our detectives and they take the case. Can young readers follow the clues as they are revealed before Holmes solves the case and explains all?

My thoughts: I like this fun new series. I love mysteries as an adult, I did not discover the genre as a child. If Hamster Holmes had been around perhaps I would have discovered my love much sooner! I love that all sorts of series are available for young readers.

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: