Monday, August 14, 2017

Mr. Moon

Mr. Moon. Michael Paraskevas. 2016. 40 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Good night, Miss Sun. Time for Mr. Moon to awake.

Premise/plot: Mr. Moon is a night-themed picture book for young readers. It isn't necessarily a book about children going to bed, as it is a look at things the moon might look down and see during the course of a night. It is whimsical, not realistic, so be warned. Some parents may not appreciate the GHOSTS that are portrayed as roaming the earth and searching for a home.

My thoughts: Didn't care for this one much. On the one hand, a few spreads of the illustrations were very nice. (I liked the train! I liked the sheep. I liked the raccoons.) On the other hand, it is a bit too whimsical for my taste.

Text: 3 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 6 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: